September's theme is: On the Farm
What a fun theme! There are so many great ideas out there. It was difficult to make myself stop looking at all of the ideas and just pick a few to do. I want to do it all!
First, here is a book list of some wonderful books about the farm. Please comment and let me know of some of your favorite children's farm books if I missed them on my list.
Children's Books about Farming:
Concepts to learn:
- Being clean (bathing, washing hands, brushing teeth, etc.)
- Being clean (not littering, picking up after yourself, helping clean around the house)
- Doing kind things for others (service)
- Alphabet song
- A,B,C, and D
- Animal sounds
- Writing: write a farm story
- Retelling a story
- Counting 1-10
- Basic Colors
- Basic Shapes
- Time of day (day/night, morning, afternoon, evening, night)
- Daily routines
- Days of the week
- Where does our food come from?
- Old MacDonald had a Farm
- Farm rhymes and songs
Field Trip Ideas: