On this blog, I will share my ideas for an at-home preschool that I do with my children, ideas for surviving motherhood, library story time ideas, ideas for my various LDS callings, Family Home Evening ideas, and whatever other random ideas that I have. I borrow ideas from the world of great minds and will try to give credit as much as possible. Thanks for dropping by!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Basics

I have three boys under the age of four. Most days I don't know where the time goes. I have many ideas of things I want to do with the boys, but sometimes everyday life just zips us through the day, and we don't accomplish any of my ideas or goals. I want to teach my children good things. I want my boys to be smart, kind, and good. I want to cut down on our screen time. I want, I want, I want.

In an attempt to be more structured and to make sure I do some quality things with my kids each day, I've decided to implement what I'm calling The Mommy I Wonder Preschool. I Wonder because I hope to fuel my children's sense of wonder...and because sometimes I wonder how I'm going to do all of this! The idea behind all of this is to teach my kids the basic things that I think they need and to keep it simple and thus doable. I am working with very young children, so the concepts will be very basic. I'm also working on a budget, so I will be trying to keep expenses down.

I've decided to start this blog and share what we are doing so that you can use some of the ideas too. You are also more than welcome to comment and share some of your ideas and thoughts too. It would be greatly appreciated!

Here's the basic structure:
Each day we will have a different focus. And like I said earlier, I want to keep this simple but structured.
Monday--Manners and Virtues
Tuesday--Literacy (reading and writing)
Wednesday--Art and Music
Thursday--Math and Science
Friday--Health and P.E.

I will be taking advantage of local resources also, such as story time at the local library or book store, Discovery Gateway, local museums, etc.

I'm so excited to get this started. I have to admit that when I used to teach middle school, one of my favorite things was lesson planning. (I'm kind of a nerd like that). And, of course, I really love my students!

No comments:

Post a Comment