On this blog, I will share my ideas for an at-home preschool that I do with my children, ideas for surviving motherhood, library story time ideas, ideas for my various LDS callings, Family Home Evening ideas, and whatever other random ideas that I have. I borrow ideas from the world of great minds and will try to give credit as much as possible. Thanks for dropping by!

Friday, February 7, 2014

A Great Resource

I checked out this book from the library and really liked the ideas. Maybe I might need to buy it...
The Giant Encyclopedia of Monthly Activities: For Children 3 to 6
Edited by Kathy Charner, Maureen Murphy, and Charlie Clark
It has lots of great ideas for reading time, science, social development, and art and is arranged thematically by month.
For example, for February here are some of the themes, concepts, and ideas:
  • Losing a tooth and going to the dentist
  • Snow
  • Black History Month: African American Writers and Musicians
  • Writing letters to friends
  • Groundhog pop-up puppet, groundhog songs, poems, and fingerplays
  • Shadows
  • Healthy hearts
  • Valentine's Day activities
  • Galileo
  • Clifford the Big Red Dog
  • President's Day activities
Fun! Fun! Fun! Awesome resource and very easy to use. Apparently, I don't need to re-invent the wheel! =) There are also many other books of this sort focused on just science or art, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment