On this blog, I will share my ideas for an at-home preschool that I do with my children, ideas for surviving motherhood, library story time ideas, ideas for my various LDS callings, Family Home Evening ideas, and whatever other random ideas that I have. I borrow ideas from the world of great minds and will try to give credit as much as possible. Thanks for dropping by!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

G is for Gorilla

Mommy & Me Book Club
Gathering Activity
G trace sheet

Welcome




Announcements:
Welcome Song (tune: London Bridges)
Come along and clap with me,
Clap with me, clap with me.
Come along and clap with me,
It’s time for us to start.


Circle Time
The More We Get Together
Sing ABC song.
Count from 1-10 forward and backward.

Book Time

Goodnight, Gorilla by Peggy Rathman

 








Art Activity
(Fine motor skills activity)
Make animal puppets and then allow children to play with the animal puppets and you retell the story.

Snack

Bananas and Gorilla Grape Juice
Game
 (Gross motor skills activity)
Play the color match key game.

The kids also enjoyed playing “zoo” by putting stuffed animals in a cardboard cage and taking them out again.
Closing
Good-bye Song (tune: Here We Are Together)
Now we wave good-bye,
Good-bye, good-bye.
Now we wave good-bye,
I’ll see you next time.
Other
Resources:

More books about gorillas:

The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate and Patricia Castelao

Gorilla by Anthony Browne

Little Gorilla by Ruth Bornstein

One Gorilla: A Counting Book by Anthony Browne

Koko's Kitten (Reading Rainbow Book) by Dr. Francine Patterson and Ronald H. Cohn

Busy Gorillas (A Busy Book) by John Schindel and Andy Rouse

Ding Dong! Gorilla! by Michelle Robinson and Leonie Lord

Gorilla! Gorilla! by Jeanne Willis and Tony Ross

The Escape of Marvin the Ape by Caralyn Buehner and Mark Buehner

Little Beauty by Anthony Browne

Grayson Gorilla Learns to Grin by Joyce Wold

Gorilla Garage by Mark Shulman and Vincent Nguyen

Gertie Gorilla's Glorious Gift (Animal Antics A to Z) by Barbara deRubertis and R. W. Alley

If I Had a Gorilla by Mercer Mayer

From Head to Toe by Eric Carle

Actual Size by Steve Jenkins 

Gentle Giants (Rourke Board Books) by Cindy Rodriguez









No comments:

Post a Comment