On this blog, I will share my ideas for an at-home preschool that I do with my children, ideas for surviving motherhood, library story time ideas, ideas for my various LDS callings, Family Home Evening ideas, and whatever other random ideas that I have. I borrow ideas from the world of great minds and will try to give credit as much as possible. Thanks for dropping by!

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Letter of the week + Books

I started out this year focusing on a letter a week and reading a book that focused on something that started with that letter. Here's a list of the letters and books that we did:
A-Hey, Little Ant by Phillip Hoose
B-The Berenstein's B Book
C-The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
D-Dinosaur Roar by Jack Tickle
E-Elmer by David McKee
F-Welcome Fall by Jill Ackerman, Awesome Autumn by Bruce Goldstone, and Leaf Man by Lois Elhert
G-Goodnight, Gorilla by Peggy Rathman
H-All the Pretty Little Horses by Saport, Clarence Goes Out West and Meets a Purple Horse by Adams, and Horse by Malachy Doyle
I-An Island Grows by Schaefer
J-Jamberry by Bruce Degan
K-Kite Day: A Bear and Mole Story by Hillenbrand
L-Love Bugs by David A. Carter
M-Henry's Map by David Elliot
N-Strega Nona by Tomie dePaola
O-Gentle Giant Octopus by Karen Wallace, My Very Own Octopus by Bernard Most, Octopus's Garden by Ringo Starr, and Octopus Alone by Divya Srinivasan
P-Three Hens and a Peacock by Lester L. Laminack, Bees, Snails, & Peacock Tails by Betsy Franco, and Colorful Peacocks by Deborah Underwood

You might notice that we didn't make it all the way to the end of the alphabet. We fizzled out during the summer and then got distracted by other ideas for the Fall. Sorry! But, in an effort, to redeem myself, here's a link to No Time for Flashcards. They also did this same thing, but THEY made it to the END of the alphabet!
Here's the wonderful link: http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/2014/04/letter-of-the-week-books.html
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment