On this blog, I will share my ideas for an at-home preschool that I do with my children, ideas for surviving motherhood, library story time ideas, ideas for my various LDS callings, Family Home Evening ideas, and whatever other random ideas that I have. I borrow ideas from the world of great minds and will try to give credit as much as possible. Thanks for dropping by!

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Shapes

As part of our art lesson this week, we've been focusing on shapes (rectangles, squares, triangles, circles, diamonds, stars). We read Shape Up, Pup by Ed Heck. This was a super short, easy read, and the boys really liked it. Basically, the puppy uses different shapes to make a whole universe of stars, planets, robots, spaceships, and aliens. It was then fun to look around for different shapes all around our house (something we do all the time now).

In order to incorporate a Halloween theme, I'm planning on cutting out different shapes and having the boys use the shapes to make Jack-o-lantern faces this Thursday. I think you could do this idea for any theme (use shapes to make cars, towns,  funny people, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment